We are passionate about the transformative power of education and are committed to providing an exceptional education to academically able, independent-minded girls regardless of their family’s financial circumstances.
Our fees assistance includes support with tuition fees, as well as financial support for travel, lunches and school trips.
Fees assistance is available on a sliding scale, ranging from 10% to 100% of school fees. As a guide, 100% fees assistance may be available to households where the total, assessable, gross income is less than £30,000. The ceiling for award of fees assistance is normally £70,000.
Following are some examples of families who have benefited from fees assistance at STAHS, which we hope you will find useful:
- Both parents working; one in IT and the other as a nurse. They live in a modest house with a mortgage. Two children, one of whom is at STAHS on 25% fee remission.
- Both parents working; one self-employed and the other working as a teaching assistant. Modest home with a mortgage. One child, receiving 85% fee remission.
- Single mother; employed on low salary. Lives in small home. Two children, one of whom is a pupil at STAHS receiving 100% fee remission.
Fees assistance may be provided to girls on entry to any year group. Please be assured that every application for fees assistance is considered carefully and in complete confidence.
To apply for fees assistance:
- We ask you complete a means-test form which requests details of your income, outgoings and financial assets such as property and savings. We will ask you to give us evidence to support these details. We use all the information to judge the merits each individual application for fees assistance.
- We will contact you to discuss the information you have provided and will visit you at home.
- We make an offer of fees assistance, plus other financial support, based on all the information you provide.
- As family circumstances may change, parents and carers receiving fees assistance are means-tested each year. Levels of fees assistance are also evaluated annually in light of rises in school fees.
If you would like to talk about fees assistance or to begin the application process, please contact our Registrar Rosemary Colman on 01727 792509, who will guide you through each step.
23 February 2018
RT @STAHSSpecs: https://t.co/sxjj5QQFx6 How do we hold onto facts in a world where the truth can be negotiated?
25 September 2017
20 February 2018