We are committed to providing an exceptional education to academically able, independent-minded girls regardless of their family’s financial circumstances.
Our fees assistance includes support with uniform, travel, music lessons, lunches and school trips as well as tuition fees.
Fees assistance is available on a sliding scale, ranging from 10% to 100% of school fees. As a guide, 100% fees assistance may be available to households where the total, gross income is less than £30,000. The ceiling for award of fees assistance is normally £70,000.
Following are some examples of families who have benefited from fees assistance at STAHS, which we hope you will find useful:
- Both parents working; one in IT and the other as a nurse. They live in a modest house with a mortgage. Two children, one of whom is at STAHS with 25% fee assistance.
- Both parents working; one self-employed and the other working as a teaching assistant. Modest home with a mortgage. One child, receiving 85% fee assistance.
- Single mother; employed on low salary. Lives in small home. Two children, one of whom is a pupil at STAHS receiving 100% fee assistance.
Fees assistance may be provided to girls on entry to any year group. Please be assured that every application for fees assistance is considered carefully and in complete confidence.
To apply for fees assistance:
- We ask you complete a means-test form which requests details of your income, outgoings and financial assets such as property and savings. We will ask you to give us evidence to support these details. We use all the information to judge the merits each individual application for fees assistance.
- We will contact you to discuss the information you have provided and will visit you at home.
- We make an offer of fees assistance, plus other financial support, based on all the information you provide.
- If you are successful in your application, the cost of the Registration fee (£100) will be refunded
- As family circumstances may change, parents and carers receiving fees assistance are means-tested each year. Levels of fees assistance are also evaluated annually in light of rises in school fees.
If you would like any further information or guidance on fees assistance, please use the ‘Get in touch’ form below.
17 August 2018
100% of our Fine Art A Level students achieved A* grades - here's a selection of their incredible work... @STAHSArt… https://t.co/pUygE5bxHV
29 June 2018
Jenny Brown on the importance of making learning fun
16 August 2018
St Albans High School for Girls (STAHS) is celebrating fantastic A Level results, with 98% of girls achieving grades A* - C.