Our Mission at St Albans is fostering scholarship and integrity, the High School provides inspirational and adventurous opportunities and strong support to develop a lifelong love of learning and respect for others.
STAHS will deliver a transformational experience that educates young people to lead lives of consequence. We will provide an exceptional environment in which to work and study and make significant, positive contributions to our local community and wider society through:
- The provision of an innovative, engaging, challenging and relevant curriculum
- The provision of an inspiring and extensive co-curriculum that is both adventurous and accessible
- The creation of a supportive partnership between the School, our students, parents, friends and alumnae
- The provision of opportunities for social and charitable activism
- Creating a network of strategic educational, charitable and social partnerships
- Recruiting and retaining high-calibre staff and providing a happy, people-centred workplace that values individual and team development
- Operating an ethical and environmentally sustainable business
- Maintaining and enhancing our local and national reputation.
STAHS is ambitious …
- We pursue bold ideas in an environment where creativity, innovation and success are encouraged and celebrated.
- We nurture and value relationships and partnerships that foster a global outlook.
- We inspire and support students and staff to achieve their potential and meet the challenges of society.
- We challenge ourselves and each other to strive for excellence in all we do.
STAHS is open …
- We work in consultation and collaboration to benefit from new perspectives.
- We share ideas and maintain transparency.
- We are trustworthy and do what we say we will do.
- We listen and respond to the needs of our students and staff.
- We value open communication with parents.
STAHS is responsible …
- We act with integrity for the greater good.
- We insist on upholding the highest academic and professional standards and take personal accountability for our individual and collective performance against those standards.
- We respect and celebrate diversity and equal opportunity through fostering inclusivity.
- We aim for all our activities to be sustainable and ethically sound.