Entry at 16+
When selecting students to join our thriving Sixth Form, we look for independence, intellectual curiosity and creativity.
Students are asked to indicate three or four subjects they would like to study for A level. On assessment day, students are interviewed by subject teachers who may set tasks as discussion starters. Students also have a general interview with the Director of Sixth Form. All those coming for interview will find themselves in stimulating intellectual discussion. All staff involved enjoy the opportunity to engage with the refreshing new perspectives that our prospective students have.
Following assessment, successful candidates are made offers conditional on obtaining our required GCSE results for their chosen A Level subjects:
- A minimum of Grade 7 in the subject at GCSE is required for A Level study
- A minimum of Grade 7 is required in supporting subjects for A Level study of a course not taken at GCSE.
Higher grades are required for certain subjects:
- Mathematics and/or Economics: A minimum of Grade 8 in Mathematics is required for A Level study of Mathematics and/or Economics
- Physics: A minimum of Grade 8 in Mathematics and Grade 8 in Physics
- Computer Science: A minimum of Grade 8 in Mathematics, Grade 8 in a science, preferably Physics, and Grade 7 in Computer Science
To register your child for a place at the Sixth Form, please complete the Registration Form, either electronically using the link below or by sending a hard copy to us. Your registration is confirmed by paying a non-refundable registration fee of £125. This can be done by bank transfer using the account details on the Registration Form, or by sending a cheque with your child’s name written on the back as the reference. If you are on a low income and applying for bursary support we may be able to waive the registration fee – please contact us for details.
|Admissions timetable for entry to Year 12 (16+), September 2021|
|Application deadline||Monday 2 November 2020|
|Assessments||Saturday 14 November 2020|
|Offers made||Friday 4 December 2020|
|Meet us again sessions||Friday 15 January 2021|
|Acceptance deadline||Friday 22 January 2021|
|Induction||Monday 28 June 2021|
For further information and deadlines for scholarship applications please see the relevant scholarship information here.
01 April 2020
RT @STAHSPrep: Do you like our aliens @RobBiddulph? #DrawWithRob https://t.co/dJHe9iUIOk
23 March 2020